"For This Child I Prayed"

My husband and I prayed for this child that I am writing about. The Lord allowed her to be with us only for a short time. I wrote a book on our story and now I am transfering it to this blog page, I pray it will be a blessing for you to read. You may contact us at any time by email: thewelchfamily03@yahoo.com and we will gladly respond as quickly as possible. May God bless you!
Joe and Lisa

Triumph

Second by second, minute by minute, day by day and finally year by year the healing process began. Our former Pastor, Tony Howeth and his wife, Stacey had previously talked with me several times about my bitterness which I continued to deny time after time. Then, two years later to the date of July 17th he preached a message in 2 Samuel 13:23, "And it came to pass after two full years . . ." All it took was to hear those few little words and with that statement, it was then that I began to allow God to work in my life again and KNOW this had to come to pass. I had to let go of all the bitterness before He could help me.

God also showed me another verse in Job 1:21, "the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD". I learned to praise God and actually thank Him for what He had allowed to take place in our lives. This was so hard for me to do, but it was only then that He was able to use us in His service. He has brought us closer to Him through all that has happened. Psalm 9:1 says, "I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works." Our experience was a major tragedy in our life but it was also a part of God's marvelous work to bring us where we are today. I chose to move on and put God first in my life. It's a choice you have to make and only you can make this choice. My husband and I are closer now than ever. It will either "make" or "break" your marriage. Be open with each other and discuss how you're feeling. Share your thoughts with him. He, too, is feeling the same loss and hurt that you are.
You may have a long recovery ahead of you both, but if you'll allow God to help you and be your guide, He'll never leave you. "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content such things as you have: for He hath said I will never leave you, nor forsake thee."(Hebrews 13:5) I wish I could tell you more and talk to you and maybe help prepare you for the days ahead. Some will be smooth and others rocky. The road ahead is up and down. One day is good, another is bad. It kind of reminds me of someone with mood swings. It comes all of a sudden with no warning. Just remember, it's okay to feel the way you are feeling. Only time will heal. The most help comes from my Heavenly Father. I just run into His arms and rest. I encourage you to do the same.

After five more years with no children and no apparent reason why we could not have them, Joe and I decided to seek adoption. Again, we began to make our own plans for a big family with the youngest child being 8 years old or younger. God obviously had other plans. We had no peace of adopting the younger children that were available. One day, we came across Corey's profile, discussed it with our caseworker and prayed about him. A few days later, we knew he was the one. He was 14 years old, his mother had died tragically and he needed a family. Well, we needed a family too! So, we began the process and on July 17th, 2003 our desire to become a Daddy and Mama became a reality when we signed papers to bring Corey home with us to start our new family. Notice the date that we signed papers on him was also the date our daughter was born. What a way to celebrate her birthday 6 years after her death. It was a blessing!

Be careful what you pray for, God will always answer your prayers, but maybe just not in the way you expect Him to! On July 28, 2003 Corey was adopted into God's family. He got saved after hearing devotions the night before and realizing he was lost. So now he has been adopted twice! What a joy to have our family serving God together.

We still pray for more children to increase our family. But once again, our timing is not God's timing. Only in His divine time will it happen. Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to serve the Lord faithfully, and as you look at our life, I pray you will see that . . . "God Makes No Mistakes!"

No comments: